At The Maddux School we specialize in teaching young students to be flexible and resilient. That’s why we know that our proactive planning and creativity will help our students and families adapt to a variety of different situations, in school and out.
Our mission – to provide strong academics, a unique social learning curriculum, and differentiated instruction to Pre-K through Second Grade students – guides our plans for small class sizes, nuture, and meeting kids where they are.
Meeting the Needs of All Learners
Children at The Maddux School usually excel in the cognitive domain but may exhibit mild vulnerabilities in social/play skill development, pragmatic language, self-confidence/self-esteem, sensory integration, self-regulation, motor planning and/or fine-motor development. Now, more than ever, students need the stability and guidance of a deeply experienced and invested team of educators.
To meet the needs of various students with different learning styles, we offer:
- Small, structured classes with low student/teacher ratios
- Highly-educated and trained, certified, experienced teachers
- Unique, challenging curricula approved by the Maryland State Department of Education
- Diagnostic, transdisciplinary and individualized instruction
- Multisensory teaching
- Parent partnership, guidance and education
- Accommodations for individual learning styles
- Art, music, physical education, yoga and technology
- Classroom-based, integrated speech and occupational therapies
Please click on the menu items to the left to learn more.